Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Janny Huang



Artist statement
“Colors of the silence from my backyard”
The theme of my work has always been about nature. Especially what I observe simply in my back yard. The seeds, the leaves, the growth of the living after rain and the smell of them all. Mostly I love the silence during my observation which brings me inspiration. To me this silence links with colours, the colours of nature. I would like to present it through the material of recycled paper (milk carton) mixed with felt and metal materials such as silver and cooper. I hope you find love in them. Have Fun!

Biography
Janny Huang was born 1972.
She spent her childhood till 15 in the South part of Taiwan in a city called Kaohsiung. Her family immigrated to Brisbane in the year of 1988 where I eventually finished my education in 1992 by graduating from Queensland University majoring BA Japanese.

From 1995 to 1997 Janny joined Cathay Pacific Airways as a flight attendent. During this period she had the chance to go around the world and see the differences. After working for 3 years, she married her Japanese husband and moved to West Japan in 1998. It has becomed Janny's home town now after living there everyday for 13 years.

Janny started to learn silver smithing right after moving to Japan. It was just a plain coincidence browsing through the yellow pages and she found a class for making silver accessories. Since then she has never stopped working with metals and still it amazes Janny even today!

In 2007 she stared my own brand 'lilajne'. In 2011 April , Janny turned back to the starting line and decided to go to a one year course in Itami Jewellry College. By starting at zero again, she found freedom and peace.

Visit Janny's website for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment